Delaware Chapter of the American College of Cardiology
Our purpose is to contribute to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, to ensure optimal quality of care for individuals with such diseases, and to foster the highest professional ethical standards. Please let us know what information you want to see here. Feel free to contact us with your ideas, needs and comments.
ACC Live Courses
For a listing of all ACC Live Courses please visit: https://www.acc.org/education-and-meetings/meetings
- ACC.21 Opening Showcase Session Remarks: Athena Poppas, MD, MACCAlthough this has been a year marred by so much loss, and struggle and uncertainty, it has also been a year of hope, of strength, of resilience and adaptability and a year of courage. Thank you again to each and every one of you for all that you do for your patients, the profession and […]
- Anti-Thrombotic Strategy to Lower All cardiovascular and Neurologic Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Events after Trans-Aortic Valve Implantation for Aortic StenosisThe goal of the ATLANTIS trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of apixaban 5 mg BID compared with standard of care (antiplatelet therapy [APT] or oral anticoagulant [OAC]) among patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- ATLANTIS: Apixaban Not Superior to Standard Care After TAVRApixaban was not superior to standard of care following transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), according to findings from the ATLANTIS trial presented May 15 at ACC.21 during a Late-Breaking Clinical Trial session.
- PARADISE-MI: Sacubitril/Valsartan Did Not Outperform ACE Inhibitor After MISacubitril/valsartan did not significantly reduce the rate of cardiovascular death, heart failure hospitalization or outpatient heart failure requiring treatment in patients following acute myocardial infarction (AMI) compared with the ACE inhibitor ramipril, according to findings from the PARADISE-MI trial presented May 15 during ACC.21. However, the safety and tolerability of sacubitril/valsartan was comparable to that […]
- Prospective ARNI vs. ACE inhibitor trial to DetermIne Superiority in reducing heart failure Events after Myocardial InfarctionThe goal of the PARADISE-MI trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of sacubitril/valsartan compared with ramipril in a contemporary acute myocardial infarction (AMI) population.