Delaware Chapter of the American College of Cardiology
Our purpose is to contribute to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, to ensure optimal quality of care for individuals with such diseases, and to foster the highest professional ethical standards. Please let us know what information you want to see here. Feel free to contact us with your ideas, needs and comments.
ACC Live Courses
For a listing of all ACC Live Courses please visit: https://www.acc.org/education-and-meetings/meetings
- Major Bleeding During Extended Anticoagulation for Unprovoked VTEWhat is the incidence of major bleeding during extended anticoagulation of up to 5 years among patients with a first unprovoked venous thromboembolic event (VTE)?
- Atrial Fibrillation in Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19Is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) associated with a higher incidence of atrial fibrillation/flutter (AF/Fl) than influenza?
- CV Testing Declined Across Asia During COVID-19 PandemicDiagnostic cardiovascular procedures declined an average of 47% in Asia in March 2020 compared to March 2019, with the greatest declines seen in low-income countries – some of which saw up to 80% declines, according to research published Sept. 21 in JACC: Asia looking at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cardiovascular care.
- International Study of Comparative Health Effectiveness With Medical and Invasive ApproachesThe goal of the ISCHEMIA trial was to evaluate routine invasive therapy compared with optimal medical therapy among patients with stable ischemic heart disease and moderate to severe myocardial ischemia on noninvasive stress testing.
- ACCEL Lite: ESC Congress 2021 Late Breaker: EMPEROR-PreservedIn this interview, Jeroen Bax, PhD, MD, FACC; Stefan Anker, MD, PhD; and Sherry-Ann Brown, MD, PhD, FACC, discuss the ESC Congress 2021 late breaker EMPEROR-Preserved, which evaluates the effect of empagliflozin for risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalisation for patients with heart failure and a preserved fraction with and without diabetes.